Protect your business from tomorrow’s attacks with Comsec’s mature DDoS Simulation framework used across hundreds of simulations for best-in-class offensive security
Organizations often feel secure with their top-level security measures, but they can never fully predict the future. Next-generation attackers are starting to use more creative distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack methodologies to beat the latest security solutions. That’s why Comsec has a dedicated DDoS team who conduct real-life, controlled attack simulations, which have been refined by many years of hands-on experience. Working with Comsec, you can:
- Prevent costly security breaches that may incur heavy server-load costs, or put up a mask while attackers target more sensitive (and expensive) data
- Protect against next-generation attacks through a proactive, offensive simulation guided by best-in-class expertise
- Tap into mature attack frameworks that are bolstered by a young and creative team, trained to be one step ahead of would-be attackers
- Prepare your business and employees to respond to future DDoS attacks in a safe, controlled environment where best practices are more likely to stick
How Comsec’s DDoS Simulation experts help your business:
Comsec’s highly skilled DDoS team has unparalleled expertise in conducting controlled simulation, while guiding you through the evaluation of risks and their potential solutions. Prior to the simulation, Comsec’s DDoS attack team conducts extensive research of your applications and infrastructure to collect valuable intelligence. Based on the information gathered, Comsec’s attack team will create different types across multiple attack scenarios which simulate real-world DDoS attacks, as follows:
Attack Types simulated by Comsec:
- Network (Infrastructure) level attacks. Attacks targeting network components such as firewalls, routers and load balancers. The effects of these attacks effectively disable physical access to the targeted servers. The attacks can affect the component’s CPU, memory and/or bandwidth usage by targeting all layers except for layer 7 in the OSI 7-layers model.
- Application level attacks. Attacks targeting the server’s resources by abusing the application’s functions that consume physical resources (such as CPU, memory, bandwidth usage and hard disk usage). These attacks target layer 7 in the OSI 7 layers model.
Attack Scenarios simulated by Comsec:
- Bandwidth: The attacker floods the server with requests from numerous bots, consuming network access to the target servers. The flood can either be generic (such as TCP flood) or an application-level attack which is customized to the client’s website. As a result of this attack, the network bandwidth is consumed (either upstream or downstream bandwidth) and legitimate users cannot access the attacked servers.
- Memory (volatile): The attack depletes available memory of the attacked servers by abusing sensitive memory-consuming functions in the attacked application. An example of such an attack is “slow HTTP post”, which causes the server to allocate a significant amount of memory.
- CPU: CPU exhaustion can be caused by flooding the system with high-level computations and may affect network components, servers and the application itself. An example of such an attack is SSL exhaustion, which results in high CPU consumption.
- Storage: Many applications use databases that contain customer records, business transactions, system information (such as logs) and even uploaded files. An attacker can generate requests that consume the available disk space (for example abusing the registration mechanism), thereby disabling the application.
- Connection Table: Each network component contains a connection table which lists existing connections and their status. In this attack, the attacker opens numerous connections (either valid or invalid connections), flooding the connection table. Once the connection table is full, the server is unable to process new connections resulting in Denial of Service.
Over 30 years of cybersecurity experience
- Comsec is trusted by over 1,000 clients including Fortune 500 companies
- Our international offices ensure quick response times, any day of the week
- Work with enterprise-level, certified professionals with top-tier credentials
- Find solutions quickly based on Comsec’s gold-standard Isreali cybersecurity expertise
- Comsec is certified as a QSA for PCI-DSS, PCI-PA, and HIPAA compliance and is a lead auditor for ISO 2700 standards
Get started with your DDoS Simulation experts today
Contact our team and we’ll respond swiftly to get your business secure, compliant, and operating efficiently.